No new announcements from Canon today!

Started Feb 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,509Gear list
Like?
Re: No new announcements from Canon today! But 60D coming.
In reply to Topaz, Feb 24, 2010

Topaz,

You are correct. My mistake. APS-C (1.6 cropped sensor) not full frame.

There is a Canon seminar this weekend at a local camera store. I will ask again.

Regards.

Topaz wrote:

Len_Gee wrote:

See this:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/26/canon-prepping-60d-and-550d-600d-with-articulating-displays/

Len, when you said "A reliable source said Canon will announce a budget 60D full frame camera in the next couple of days. " I assumed you were joking since it was so ridiculous.

The idea that any manufacturer, at this point, would deliver a "budget" full frame sensor is hard to fathom (the sensors are still expensive). And the idea that Canon would start to put full frame sensors into the xxD line was also odd.

Thanks for the link - now I see where you got the idea, at least partially, but you misunderstood the article. "APS-C" is the name of the format for crop sensors, not full frame sensors.

I also would not call the pricing "budget" when Canon continues to sell two Rebel models that are cheaper.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow