Started Feb 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dpylypi
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Pro advice - copyright infringement
Feb 24, 2010

I have a Pro account with Smugmug. I'm an amateur that enjoys taking sports shots and share them for purchase that benefit our high school's athletic boosters program.

Came home one evening recently and noticed a shot I'd taken a few weeks before at a local swim meet in our local newspaper. Checked my Smugmug sales history - no sale on that shot?. All photos are set to block a right click "save image or save as" with a copyright message AND all photos sold from the site are download only and carry the standard Smugmug personal use license warning on any purchase. I checked with Smugmug and they confirmed I've done all I can to protect my photos with them. Of course, they have no means by which to protect a screen capture. I suppose my only options are to apply watermarks. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Here's my other dilemma. The local newspaper have been dogs about providing me with info about just WHO submitted the picture to them! I'd like to severely rattle the cage of the individual who did! I spoke to an editor who told me they would not release the name to me unless the school provided a release that allowed the pictured athlete's photo to appear! Wouldn't you think the newspaper would check with the school for that BEFORE they printed the picture? School AD promptly called the editor and offered the release info. I wrote an email last night and requested the culprits email address again - I think I'm on ignore now. Any suggestions on a new or different approach?

Appreciate any feedback!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow