Nikon to follow Canon's path(but will it be able to keep up?)

Started Feb 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeonXTR
Contributing MemberPosts: 820Gear list
Like?
Nikon to follow Canon's path(but will it be able to keep up?)
Feb 23, 2010

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10022304nikonbalance.asp

"In the D3S, Nikon placed top priority on high ISO performance, Sasagaki told us, but there will be a 'better balance' in future cameras."

This reads in plain terms:We tried do do our absolute best in terms of high-ISO noise but we let the resolution too low.In the future we will have more resolution and,off course,not as good noise in high-ISO.

So i guess Nikon will be introducing a 5DII-like D800 with a bit more noise but increased mp count(i guess in the 16-20mp area).I believe that Canon never lost its lead in high ISO,if you look at the whole subject in conjunction with mp count,it is hard to believe that Nikon will manage to follow 5DII/1DsIII/1DIV-like high ISO noise after it leaves its 12mp refuge and ventures into the unknown land of smaller photodiodes...........They just got stuck for a long time in the "12mp land",and Canon has reached D3-like performance with almost twice the resolution.
Will they catch up?
--
Artificial intelligence can't beat natural stupidity......

LeonXTR's gear list:LeonXTR's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon Extender EF 2x II Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow