Started Feb 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chasg
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,329
Like?
Quantum FreeXwire: power for days?
Feb 21, 2010

Ok, another challenge for an upcoming shoot.

I need to power a Quantum FW-8 receiver for 5 days.

I'm going to have a camera in the rafters of a big venue and use it remotely. I've got to put it up there three days before this two day event (and I can't get back up there until the day after the event).

I've got AC power for the camera, which will keep it and its wifi transceiver going (so I can control and fire the camera from a laptop). I also want to have a Quantum FreeXwire FW-8 receiver attached, because I don't want to wander around with a laptop (so I can fire the camera at will with a FreeXwire FW-9 transmitter)

I know that I can power the FW-8 receiver with a Quantum battery, but I've only got one, and I need it to power my QFlash. I need another power source for this receiver that will last for 5 days. Is there an AC solution, or perhaps I can get some sort of big (relatively inexpensive) battery from the hardware store and power it that way?

Any ideas? (I'm not in any way an expert in batteries or power, but I'm confident I can twist a few wires together if necessary).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chas

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow