Started Feb 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MRCDH
Contributing MemberPosts: 646
Like?
Video SLR WHY!!
Feb 20, 2010

I see much written about the video capabilities in the digital SLR's, but I continue to ask myself why do I need this in my SLR camera. I would rather see the money and technology in the SLR camera go into more frames per second, or other technological improvements that will improve the quality of the pictures that I take. If I want motion pictures I will buy a camera that is designed to do that function. In a recent article in "Digital Photo" magazine it was pointed out that the video function in SLR cameras do not funtion with auto focus and that focusing need to be done manually if needed.

I presume that I am missing something but are there others out there like myself who feel they don't want to be paying for a function that they probably will not use, and if they wish to take motion pictures they will purchase a motion picture camera. In summary the video aspect seems to be more a form over substance issue. Is there anyone out there that feel the video function is the greatest thing since sliced bread and use it often. If so when, where, how and why?
Thanks in advance for your response

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow