ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aristoc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,703
Like?
focus point in view nx / capture nx 2 is not the true focus point
Feb 17, 2010

Please correct me if I am wrong on this because I want to know:

When you look at the focus point in view nx or capture nx2, you are looking at the final resting place after the shot was re-composed . You are not looking at the position of the viewfinder focus point as it was in when you first half pressed the shutter and focus lock occured. For example, for a portrait, if you had focused by half press shutter on an eyeball and focus lock occurs, then re-composed, the viewfinder focus point moves as you recompose and may end up on the chest. So when you review the image in viewnx/capturenx2 you are looking at the final position of the viewfinder focus point on the chestand not the original position which would be the eye ball. Is this right? If this is right, then looking at focus points in viewnx and capture nx2 is not that helpful.

secondly, I also noticed that when cropping , then viewing an image again in viewnx or capture nx2, the focus point seemed to shift a bit and change in size.anyone else?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow