Best choice for the lazy

Started Feb 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,265Gear list
Like?
P-mode doesn't work like it should
In reply to chuxter, Feb 16, 2010

chuxter wrote:

Then put it in P-mode. The cheap dSLRs don't have very good automation, so they give you "Scene Modes" to compensate...besides, they brag about how many "Scene Modes" they have, as if more was better (in truth, no "Scene Modes" indicates that the camera has artificial intelligence capable of looking at the scene, deciding what it should do with exposure and focus, and taking the picture w/o any operator thinking or input.

I put my D300 in P-mode (never knew it was there...) and took a shot indoors. It didn't flip up the flash like a good P-mode should, and it didn't drive the ISO to 3200 either. It just took the shot at 1/2 second. What good is that? I had to open the flash myself, not to mention put it back down afterwards.

My Canon P&S is much better for mindless snapping. It never makes a foolish move.

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow