Started Feb 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
setite
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Best choice for the lazy
Feb 15, 2010

I have a Casio Exilim z-55 thta I bought roughly 5 years ago. It is 5MP, but the zoom isn't great and it predated alot of the nice fancy features that alot have no. There is no video recording for example. I'm not up to buying a camcorder as the cheaper ones (bloggie, zi8, flip) appear no better than the digicams, and I don't wish to spend the 500+ for a better vidcam.

Okay on to my question. I want a single device for video/photos. I am currently set on the Sony DSC-HX5V and I have it on pre-order. I don't require the best IQ, but I would like it. Does anyone know of an entry level DSLR that has a good automatic feature for someone who doesnt understand ANY of the settings involved in making pictures. I don't understand aperture, shutter, exposure or any of that. I am fully capable, but I like the ease of point and shoot, but I wouldn't mind a camera I could grow into. I want a automatic scene/setting detection mode.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow