Selling DSLRs is easy

Started Feb 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
caporip
Senior MemberPosts: 1,151Gear list
Like?
"bad science"
In reply to junMel, Feb 14, 2010

I am fairly neutral on the whole "future of Sony" thing. Yes I have some concerns but that is offset by the fact that i have a system that i am happy with.

However the stats quoted eg Amazon and DPR clicks are not representational and although they may indicate a trend (and I am fully prepared to admit they may do) without any backup information they are, at best, limited or at worst flawed and should not be taken as definitive. Take the DPR clicks, I think its reasonable to assume that most people using this site have a fair amount of interest in what's going on and this would, crucially, include other brands, particularly in respect of new products. I dont know what period the sample of Dpr clicks or the Amazon stats are taken over but this could be a factor as is the fact that the majority of users of the site are english and american which would again slew the figures.

By all mean quore these figures but just dont rely on them as being the last word.

Richard

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/

caporip's gear list:caporip's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow