Where does your m4/3 camera fit with your other cameras?

Started Feb 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric_1
Regular MemberPosts: 359Gear list
Like?
Where does your m4/3 camera fit with your other cameras?
Feb 14, 2010

I am currently the owner of a large full-frame DSLR (sony a850) and a tiny pocketable compact (sony wx1).

The a850 I use when I'm out and photography is 50% or more of the reason behind the trip. I love the huge viewfinder and the diverse set of lenses.

The wx1 is truly tiny and fits easily into a jacket or pants pocket. It has lots of fun features like video, panorama stitching, image stacking to reduce high iso noise, and a fast 24-120mm lens starting at f2.4 (!!). I bring this when I'm out, but photography is not my primary intention.

This Friday I had the opportunity to purchase a new EP1 (17mm kit) at a very low price. I wasn't even considering purchasing it, but when I saw the price I couldn't say no. I knew that if I developed buyers remorse, I could always sell it on ebay for a significant profit.

So now the camera is on the way and I have several days to consider my options before it arrives and the enormous temptation to just open that shiny box overwhelms me. Clearly, the EP1 fits between my dslr and my compact in almost every respect: size, performance, iq, optics, weight.

My questions for you are:

Where does your m4/3 camera fit with your other photography equipment?
When do you use it?
How do you carry it around?
What sort of shots does it uniquely facilitate?
Has it changed your style of photography?
Have you stopped using your dslr or compact camera after buying the ep1?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!
--
http://picasaweb.google.com/EricSL

Eric_1's gear list:Eric_1's gear list
Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow