Started Sep 26, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jdbrandt
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Updated OS X Epson Drivers 'coming soon'
Sep 26, 2002

For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with Epson Technical Support, complaining as a new 2200 owner about their OS X support and wanting some firm information about how long we're going to wait for the OS X drivers to have feature parity with the Windows drivers. The person I spoke with was very pleasant and put me on hold for a few minutes to talk with supervisors. When he came back on, he told me that they had been waiting for Jaguar and the recent 10.2.1 update to resolve outstanding issues on Apple's side and that the ball was now back in their (Epson's) court. He said that they post updates on their driver website on Fridays (the cynic in me suspects they do this just before they head out the door for the weekend so they don't have to deal with the travails of the early adopters who install the software over the weekend!). He said the Epson driver development team was located in San Jose and they were working on this at present. He recommended checking back each Friday over the next few weeks and said 'one or two weeks'.

Obviously, I'll believe it when I see it, but this response was more forthcoming and optimistic than I expected.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow