Started Feb 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr. Leonard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,289Gear list
Like?
Mk IV or 5DMk II plus 7D
Feb 13, 2010

I'm on vacation in south Florida where it is now 55 degrees with a wind chill in the 30's so I might as well post a thread.

I'm interested in hockey and BIf but also wouldn't mind high IQ and low noise at high ISO. The Mk IV price is about the same for the 7D plus 5d MkII. The way I take photos, shutter speed is important for sharpness and high ISO is one way to achieve this but if excess noise results, not happy. For BIF, reach is important so the 1.3 factor of the Mk IV is a negative unless one shells out big bucks for a super tele. OTOH, the Mk IV would provide high IQ together with AF/continuous shooting speed. I guess the questions are
1. is the IQ of the Mk IV equal to the 5D Mk II?
2. is the noise at high ISO of the 7D a problem, lets say at 3200
3. how much better, if at all, is the AI Servo of the Mk IV vs. the 7D

It seems that the Mk IV would better as an all around high IQ/action camera except for the diminished reach. Can't have everything.

If it warms up soon, I'll be thinking of other things like pools and such. For those up north, at least you have heavy jackets.

-- hide signature --

I am not responsible for my opinions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow