A700 is still great (10 pics from Indian beach!)

Started Feb 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ayan Dakshi
Contributing MemberPosts: 674Gear list
Like?
A700 is still great (10 pics from Indian beach!)
Feb 13, 2010

I am away from home for my job and have a very busy schedule. So, couldn't participate actively. Seems like there are a lot of buzz going on in this forum :). New rumors, PMA, etc.

I am still enjoying my A700, though front wheel completely gave up and rear wheel started showing skipping syndrome. It's not repairable in India, So, using it until it becomes a paperweight

Last weekend we had an outing with all of our colleagues. We played cricket on the beach. Here in India, most beaches are muddy, meaning a mix of soil and sand and not soft white sand that you see in exotic beaches. So, instead of beach volley, we play cricket(it's most popular sport in India). I was with my 70-200 for long shots and 16-80 for group snaps. We reached late, and mid-day sun was not cooperative. Faces become dark and of course background water and sand were too bright.

This was my first outdoor shooting in India. I fumbled with my setting a lot, specially metering. Spot meter washed out background and evaluative/CW made faces too dark. Luckily got some shade in a road side tea-stall (You see that everywhere in India) and shot in shade with yellow sand acting as a big reflector. Some shots, hope you'll enjoy.

tea stall customer

Waiting for a rider

Kid enjoying with sand

Hit it hard

Colleague playing guitar in the evening

Bowler

trying to look like a model

Having a good time

Indian beauty

Strings

You are welcome to visit the collection in my Flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adakshi/collections/72157623257621857/

Hope you like them

-- hide signature --

Thanks
Ayan (Sonian)

Ayan Dakshi's gear list:Ayan Dakshi's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7R Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow