Do you think customers dictate trends or it's photographers and their equipment?

Started Feb 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
Vegasluvr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you think customers dictate trends or it's photographers and their equipment?
In reply to tonymp, Feb 12, 2010

WEDDINGS - I have noted a distinct change in the bride and groom's tastes In the 1980s and early 1990s, the photographs were traditional. From the late 1990s to today, B&Gs are bolder and they like odd styles. So we conform. Lately there are a lot of brides who remind me of the bohemian style - like back in the 1960s. It is back to nature with flowers in their hair. One bride and groom we photographed told us their grandparents were Hippies and sure enough the grandfather looked just like John Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas!

But mostly, I found the economy also drives changes and lately, we have noticed people are now spending very carefully. At one time, corporations were spending thousands for advertising photos. Today, they only want to spend a few hundred dollars for the same advertising.

Vegasluvr's gear list:Vegasluvr's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow