if you want to win a challenge start shooting landscapes

Started Feb 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 12,986Gear list
Like?
Sports series
In reply to DemiLion, Feb 12, 2010

I am waffling back and forth, but I think I may ask for general sports at first. Things like:

Team sports on grass only
Team sports on a court
Racing sports

Then I might break into individual sports, but the list would be very long and I don't have all of the available sports to post example shots.

I don't restrict shooting dates, so going into personal archives is fair game.

I think it would be fun.

DemiLion wrote:

bikinchris wrote:

Ah, the 80's when you had to shift for yourself.

You guys could always go to the Tour of California or Europe and get shots like this guy:

http://www.grahamwatson.com/wallpapers/assortedwall/assortedwall.html

But it would only win one of the challenges I have in mind.

Difficult suggestion I know; but with ideas such as that, would it be possible to have an advance warning thread on here, indicating the general sport/s that you have in mind? That way people would not be so hampered with the seasons in their own country and can shoot in advance. There does not seem to be a great deal of sports shooting on here at the moment (I've seen a couple of example shots, but not much else) and it would be great to get a good series going!

-- hide signature --

I am an expert at contradicting myself. Just wait a while. It will be evident.
Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow