Started Feb 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finlemad
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Elements 8 organizer, or not?
Feb 11, 2010

I am just in the process of stepping up to Elements 8 and there has to be a way to use E8 as an external editor without importing each photo that I want to edit to E8's organizer. I have 99% of my photos stored on an external hard drive that I run sceduled backups on. I always copy before I edit, and then store the edited copy on the external. I use the external hard drive to keep from cluttering up the internal. If I import to E8's organizer, then I have stored a picture(s) on my internal hard drive and also the edited finished product. Don't really have the desire to put a few thousand pics on the internal.

I found E8 on black Friday for $49, but buying lightroom or another program at this time is probably out of the question. Some folks shoot more in a week than I do in a year, but I always have the camera with me and seem to be shooting more and more as time goes on. Speed in PP is not that critical to me, but I can see the time I spend at the computer continuing to grow until it gets out of hand. My catalogging is adequate at this time, but I can see it getting out of hand also.

The question I need answered is in the first line. Feel free to comment on the rest.
Finn

finlemad's gear list:finlemad's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow