If you could ask Canon anything at all, what would it be?

Started Feb 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snapeverything
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
If you could ask Canon anything at all, what would it be?
Feb 10, 2010

Last year I sat in on a roundtable with Roger Machin, one of the local Canon people in South Africa; a man with great passion and knowledge to boot.

I popped a video clip of some of the round table (it was literally that - a round table) on YouTube entitled "Roadshow: Choosing a new dSLR - discussion about Canon's new EOS 7D and Canon 1D Mk IV" at http://www.youtube.com/user/ChargedSouthAfrica#p/u/7/pGVXqba4BJg

The opportunity to do another one of these is coming up again with the launch of new Canon kit in South Africa. Just for the record, I don't work for Canon in any way, so I'm not looking at this as some sort of paid-for marketing exercise to promote Canon (although I believe I may get a lunch out of attending the event, and possibly a Canon-branded LensPen).

So, other than the obvious questions (and I don't think that should include "Where is the 60d?" ; as many of you probably know, Canon is quite strict about not mentioning specific products/names not yet launched), what do you think should be asked?

Roger (as you may have noticed in the clip above) knows quite a bit about his subject, and is the kind of person who'd probably say "Bring it on" when it comes to difficult questions about new tech, etc. (And yes, he does really talk like that - even when it pertains to subjects outside the Canon field, like Bauhaus or Elvis, or great science fiction movies)

I'd appreciate it if you could jot down your thoughts, throw some questions this way, and I'll see if I can come up with something worthy of your input.

Many thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow