Started Feb 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ddushko
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Kodak PPP-4-A on ip8500
Feb 7, 2010

I was using this paper on my ip8500 years ago without a problem. Today I decided to play with QImage. I must say that using the settings proposed by Kodak and Color Management done by the printer gives very good results with respect to color accuracy and sharpness. The problem is that as soon as the actual printing starts, it seems that the paper is bended inside it. There are several scratches on the picture parallel to the head movement. The sheet comes out heavily bended and gets better after few minutes. It looks like the ink and probably the temperature inside the printer are the reason for this behavior. I remember that when using the paper years ago it was also coming out bended, but never so much, and I have never had scratches on it. Having in mind that the printer is the same and I use the same inks (original Canon BCI-6), I would assume that the paper is probably too old or has not been stored correctly. Is there a way to prevent this behavior.
Any advices are appreciated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow