ZoomBrowser Focus Point Identification

Started Feb 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
Olga Johnson
Forum ProPosts: 21,803Gear list
Like?
Re: ZoomBrowser Focus Point Identification
In reply to slr_SoFL, Feb 7, 2010

slr_SoFL wrote:

I recently tried shooting a few of my son's soccer games letting the camera select the focus point after years of just using the center point. I thought that ZoomBrowser would show which point the camera had chosen for each picture, but alas it is just showing that all the points were selected.

Is there something I am missing? Is there a way to discern which point was chosen by the camera (beyond the obvious "what looks most in focus")?

I suspect that you use AIServo with all points active. If you use AIServo with all points active, it will show you all points lit up.

Showing the focus points is not that sophisticated. If, for example, you focus and recompose, the point that you focused on will not be shown. It will center the focus points over the final frame and show you the active point on something else.

-- hide signature --

Olga

Olga Johnson's gear list:Olga Johnson's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS M Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow