Started Feb 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brad Waldera
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,697
Like?
High School Girls Basketball- D90 & 85mm f/1.8
Feb 5, 2010

I only use my 85mm f/1.8 for High School Basketball now, and it's been working really well. In my small town gym I sit about halfway up in the bleachers and get all the shots I'm looking for. I used to like to sit lower on the opposite side of the gym but they bought a new scorers table and the light in the front of it caused all kinds of CA and so forth.

Anyway, we lost a close game earlier this week and since I haven't posted any pictures for a while I thought I'd share a few from the game. I used a D90 and my 85mm f/1.8 and shot at f/2.2, 1/500 sec., and 500 ISO for pretty much every shot. Manual Mode, No flash, Single area focus, Auto wb to b1, AF-A and AF-C, no AF assist, and active d-lighting on high. Feel free to tell me what you think. Thanks.

It seems that I'm continually finding the hardest part of my Sports shooting to be getting consistent white balance, but apparently I'm not the only one having that problem either. I don't waste time trying to nail it in pp for every shot though, I just convert the tricky ones to b&w. Later.
--
Lens Creep

http://allmeans.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow