Started Feb 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deuxcent
Senior MemberPosts: 1,319Gear list
Like?
D700 sometimes not firing
Feb 3, 2010

It happened again yesterday. In the middle of a shoot, with the art director looking over my shoulder, my D700 stops firing. Doesn't acquire AF, no way to trip the shutter. I have to turn the camera off, wait a few seconds, turn it back on, the thing fires maybe half a dozen times when I press the shutter, then refuses again. Rinse and repeat.

This has happened on probably a dozen shoots now.

What's interesting is that the problem never seems to occur early on, it's always some ways into the job. It's also remarkable that it's so unpredictable. The camera may behave perfectly fine for a whole day of shooting, and the next day it starts acting up again. It does not seem to be related to any particular lens, although I now suspect the problem is more prevalent when I'm using the CLS system with the built-in flash in Commander mode.

Anyone else experience this? Short of having it serviced by Nikon USA, is there a known solution?

Thanks!

dc

deuxcent's gear list:deuxcent's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow