Canon (T1i) vs Pentax (K-x)

Started Jan 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
reicherb
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Canon (T1i) vs Pentax (K-x)
In reply to manthasfamily, Jan 31, 2010

manthasfamily wrote:

All this talk about lenses and such, I didn't see anything about how you're going to use the camera. Is it going to be for long shots, macro or even low light conditions?

Also, didn't the K-x get rave reviews for low light conditions?

I think if it were me I'd be deciding what I was using the camera for, how long I plan on keeping it, then go on the net and see if there are lenses available for what I'm going to use it for, what the price of these lenses are then make a judgment on quality of the photos.

I'm a newbie, and I'd not step up to a camera until I knew exactly what I'm going to be using it for first. Then again maybe that was said and I missed it.

Good luck in your decision.
--

Karen

If it pleases you then to hell what everyone else thinks!

I will take mostly pictures of the family. Portraits, sporting events, graduations, etc.

I decided on the Canon because I like the controls a bit better. It seems to have more lens choices and more upgrade options down the road. I originally had it in my mind that I was going to go with the Pentax rather than the bigger name but everything except the price (not a huge difference) seemed to point toward Canon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow