Started Jan 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
Brett St Pierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,990Gear list
Like?
Re: Sample variation
In reply to distudio, Jan 31, 2010

distudio wrote:

Brett St Pierre wrote:

The 14/2.8 EX was optically quite nice quite an odd Auto-focus issue. It's AF was perfect in the f/2.8 to f/5.0 range but as soon as you changed the aperture to f/5.6 it became wildly inaccurate AF (on 2 metre subject ranges it would focus to 50 cm).A 14mm is difficult to manual focus with my ordinary eyesight and I found it restrictive to have only up to f/5. I posted all this here but we didn't find a solution.

It still is optically quite nice Brett but it still exhibits the same problem on the K20D and K-x, they all did as far as I'm aware. It's not great but where AF is critical sub f5 it's OK, otherwise I have to revert to manual focus. This is the occasional price you pay buying third party lenses, at least it's not SDM

-- hide signature --

Rob

Thanks for the update Rob. I agree it was optically pretty good but the AF thing was annoying for me. Glad you are enjoying it still though.

I have the DA15 now which is pretty good and I love the size

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Brett
http://www.pbase.com/shreder

The Journey is the Thing

Brett St Pierre's gear list:Brett St Pierre's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow