Started Jan 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Enir4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,009Gear list
Like?
The G11 is bad news, in a way
Jan 28, 2010

I had the Panasonic G1 with the 14-45 and 45-200, and the Olympus E-P1 with the 14-42mm lens. Tired of carrying DSLRs with heavy lenses, I became a happy man with the 4/3 replacements. Besides, the E-P1 is a real beauty.

Then I bought the G11, a whim, since as pocket camera I already had the S90. Now I have headaches. I spent about 2 weeks comparing the G11 with the G1 and the E-P1, shooting RAW, converting with DPP, Olympus Studio, ACR, DxO... Differences in resolution and color depth are negligible. Dynamic range, oh surprise, seems better in the G11. And white balance and exposure are most of the time spot on, and much more accurate than both 4/3 cameras. That’s the headache: why do I want the 4/3 cameras for and when will I carry them with me? Only for high ISO shooting, I guess.

To me, there is more difference in IQ between the S90 and the G11, due to its better lens, than between the latter and the 4/3 cameras I have. And now what? Sell them?

Enrique

Enir4's gear list:Enir4's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DarnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow