Started Jan 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nacha
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
italy summer 2009
Jan 28, 2010

this past summer i took my e3 (my family also accompanied us) to italy. im a lousey traveler, so i dont go out much. i worry too much. one of the things i was concerned about was how much stuff i was going to lug around. thus, i considered taking my "travel camera" the panny fz8, a camera that i really like. lightweight, great zoom, nice video, easy to use for the whole family, and no big deal if it is "lost". but, one of my friends told me that there are churches and old things in italy (remember, i really dont get out much), and i might want to consider a camera with better iso performance. well i happened to have a high iso performer, the e3(everything in life is relative). for camera equipment, i took it, the 14-54, extra batteries and a kata combo backpack/camera bag.

im glad that i didnt bring more camera stuff. italy in june was really hot. after a day, i left the backpack at the hotel and just carried the camera. i think more lenses would have driven me crazy, worrying if i had the correct lens for a given situation. plus, walking around all day with all that gear would have killed me. as it was, the e3 + 14-54 was fine.

i had a lot of fun with this camera. i really liked having the fill flash. it came in handy for shots like this at the vatican,

and the articulating screen was a pleasant surprise when i tried to take stealth photos like this, taken in venice

I tried my hand at hdr with this image of florence from Piazza Michelangelo, processed in photomatixpro

some photostiching at the pantheon

and i thought that the e3 did a nice job inside those dark chuches

italy is a beautiful country, and we had a great vacation.

Nacha's gear list:Nacha's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow