Sony a850 - Made the plunge into full frame and am lurving it!

Started Jan 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jurado
Regular MemberPosts: 397Gear list
Like?
Sony a850 - Made the plunge into full frame and am lurving it!
Jan 26, 2010

Aloha!

Just picked up an a850 to replace my a300. Been using it since Saturday and am in lurrrrrrv with it. The loss of live view is lamentable - but oh good lord looking through the viewfinder is like looking through a window!

The following is a test shot - so nothing fancy and by no means representative of the full potential of the camera.

So far my only regret about this machine is "limited A-Mode". (Lensbaby is sad...) Don't get me wrong - I can still get great shots in manual - but I'd love to not have to think about exposure when I'm framing and focusing on fast moving subjects in varying light.

The left side is the original image downsized to give an idea of how extreme the original crop is on the right. No sharpening or adjustments made beyond the crop and resize - and of course I can't tell if Flickr made any further adjustments once it hit their servers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jurado/4302439554/

jurado's gear list:jurado's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow