Started Jan 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
erichK
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,026Gear list
Like?
Replies from Olympus Canada and TCS
Jan 21, 2010

There has been at least one reply from Olympus (Canada).

I just discovered and early morning message from John Forristal, head of Olympus distribution for Canada on my office Voicemail system.

In reply to both Emails and my voicemail he stated that, while the concern is appreciated, he could say nothing because there is legal action in process, but promised to reply to enquiries if and when the situation is clarified or resolved.

A telephone conversation with one of the more senior people at The Camera Store yesterday produced the rather disappointing comment that, after having had to fight with the Olympus distributor for a year, they were moving on, making it sound like they are unlikely to sell Olympus products again. (Nevertheless, he praised Olympus products and encouraged me to keep using them!)

I appreciate the reply from Mr. Forrestal, and understand that the particular situation may have complexities we will never know about.

However, based on almost four decades of shopping, buying and using Olympus, I continue to have serious concerns about their recent representation in Canada, about which I have heard very few positive comments.

erich keser
saskatoon, canada

erichK's gear list:erichK's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow