High Dynamic Range Multiple Burst shots?

Started Jan 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ginsu
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
High Dynamic Range Multiple Burst shots?
Jan 21, 2010

Let me preface things by saying I am gone from a simple point and shoot digital to a Nikon D300 so basically know nothing. I put the N in newbie. But what a nice camera, although a D700 would have been nicer,

I am going to be using Photomatix software for assembling High Dynamic Range images.

The D300 manual advises one to press the Fm button in the front right near the bottom of the lens, then one can set the number of photos to be shot in a given sequence, then with the rear right upper dial, one can adjust the EV compensation range of the number of selected images. So in this case I select 3 images, and the EV exposure stop is set at 1, so the EV range will be -1, 0, and +1.

Now isn't the camera supposed to shoot a burst of 3 images I rapid succession? It doesn't. it just shoots one image. For moving subjects, or even if using a tripod on a breezy day with trees or water moving, that doesn't work.

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200mm, 18mm fisheye

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow