Started Jan 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigshotMD
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Was my GF1 really new?
Jan 20, 2010

I just bought a GF1 today in Malaysia. The dealer reassured me that the camera was never used despite the box seal being broken. Apparently, all camera boxes have been opened at least once to ensure no accessories are missing. Well, I took it home, charged the battery, inserted it and turned on the camera. No surprise, it asked me to set the clock as the instruction book instructs that the clock has not been set when the camera is shipped. Then I took a few pictures on a new and formatted SD card and uploaded them to my mac. The first picture started in a folder 101_PANA with my first photo starting at P1010422.JPG. Does this mean that someone has taken well over a thousand photos prior to me purchasing this camera?

I am moving from a LX3 and I'm pretty sure when I bought that camera, it started at 100_PANA with initial photo P100001.JPG. I have taken well over a thousand photos with my LX3.

Someone please shed some light as I feel that my camera has lost its virginity prior to me using it:(

Cheers.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow