Started Jan 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,745Gear list
Like?
Suspicion torments my heart
Jan 20, 2010

I may just be getting suspicious as I get older , but the number of posts from new posters or those with next to no posts suddenly becoming active with regard to the 1DmkIV makes me just a bit sceptical about the validity of the posts. They appear on both sides of the discussion form the 1DmkIV is awesome to the 1DmkIV is bested by the D3s. So it rather begs the question are these new posters , long term posters too cowardly to post under their regular identity , folk just wanting to cause mischief or perhaps perish the thought , paid shills from Canon or Nikon. And it seems to work very well fuelling either the fears or fervours of the respective forum fan boys.

Whilst we all have our favourite gear in all honesty and if for some unknown reason your current gear was replaced with similar gear from the other maker. I would suggest that after a wee spell getting used to the ergonomics { one of the most important differences between the systems} . I think we would all be able to continue with work just as good . Some cameras may have a small advantage in a certain area , but there are simply no bad DSLR cameras being made from anyone.

I honestly think that unless you work in an incredibly unique niche both systems deliver some truly excellent equipment . And many arguments that rage here as profound as arguing which flavour of ice cream is better , the many benefits of vanilla vs. the woes of raspberry ripple{ though the truth is Rum & Raisin rules }. I am prepared to wager that both the 1DmkIV and Nikon D3s will be excellent cameras and in the hands of the talented will deliver stunning results.
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +13 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow