Started Jan 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tylerken
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,679
Like?
1D Mark 4 BIFs
Jan 17, 2010

Being the proud owner of a new Canon 1D Mark IV I just had to go out today to try my hand at Birds in Flight.

1st impression on the AF on the Mark IV? Awesome comes to mind! I thought my Mark III was an acceptable performer but the Mark IV is an all star performer by comparison.

Another thing that struck me when processing the files is that ISO 800 is just as clean as the ISO 400 files from the Mark III. My 500 f/4 also seems to shoot sharper on the Mark IV and I did not have to perform MA on this combination.

I'll be posting more tomorrow morning from today's shoot in the weekly wildlife thiread over in the Canon SLR Lens forum if you want to see more.

These were all shot handheld at ISO 800 with the 500mm f/4 and the two Gadwall shots are 50% crops.

Gadwall Duck incoming

Gagwall Duck flying by

The following swallows in flight are 100% crops. Just grab shots but I was impressed how well they turned out considering the distance they were at.

Swallow against a cloud sky

Tree Swallow skimming for bugs over the water

-- hide signature --

Ken

Canon 1D Mark 1V, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark IIn, EF 17-40L, EF 100mm f/2, 100-400L IS, 400 5.6L, 500 f/4 L IS
http://ken.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow