What is recommended sharpness setting for xsi (450D)

Started Jan 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jake21
Contributing MemberPosts: 511
Like?
What is recommended sharpness setting for xsi (450D)
Jan 15, 2010

I was pixel peeping and the images I was looking at did not look all that sharp; but from a technical perspective should have been fine (focus/lens quality/shutter speed/...).

To my eyes sharpness 0 is not enough for the camera but 5 was over the top. Is there a general recommended sharpness setting that gives a good compromise between soft look and artifacts.

I suppose it might come down to personal taste. If it helps I can post sample 1:1. I was thinking 2-3 is a good range.

Previous camera I had was the e-3 which I think produce sharper images (though I suppose that is not quite the same thing as images with higher resolution).
--

Lens on the e-3 was 12-60. Lens I was playing with today was 70-200f4 is. I realize this is a bit of apple and orange comparison but I was mostly trying to do a quick check of the lens during the return period and noticed that it was hard to get a crisp image when viewed 1:1.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow