1D MarkII vs new cheaper SLRS, pleace advice

Started Jan 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
patphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Re: 1D MarkII vs new cheaper SLRS, pleace advice
In reply to Scales USA, Jan 14, 2010

The gotcha's are that you must use firewire to set the internal functions in the camera, there are a ton of them that are not available without a firewire cable, and firewire port or card in your computer.

Only personal functions need to be set up with a computer (through firewire), you usually set them once for all as you can register in the camera three set of personal function that you can change via the camera menu.

The other thing I missed was the ability tether it and take photos using live view in my studio.

No live view, but yes you can take pictures tether to a computer (again firewire). And the software for it iis free and included with the camera (not like some other brand).

I have a 1D mkII and I was looking for a backup body a month ago. I was trying to compare what I can have in the low $1k range. I eventually settle for a second 1D mkII even if a 5d FF would have been nice because of the following:
same accessories, batteries, charger, etc.
1D tough construction
same way of using both camera limit the risk of mistake in the field.

I will wait probably another year with that before thinking about some used 1D mkIII or if I'm in better financial shape a 1DS mkIII or 1D mk IV

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow