Started Jan 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Acrobat
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Should I upgrade from my 10D?
Jan 13, 2010

I have been very happy overall with the 10D. It still takes wonderful pictures. I'm ready to either invest in a new lens or a new camera body. I use nothing but primes with my current 10D which gives me really good quality photos but lately I can see the appeal of a zoom lens, mainly because some times I just don't want to bring several different lens with me and a zoom would simplify the times I don't need "the best" possible photo.

So right now I am considering upgrading to the 50D with the 28-135 IS lens package which is at a favorable price point right now. The only reservation I have is if I'm really going to see a large improvement over the 10D for the types of photos I take which are mainly family and friends. I have done a few weddings in the past and have couple coming up in March and my kids are getting old enough that they have started to get involved in sports.

In the past I've always invested in new lens when upgrading my gear and I feel it has served me very well but right now I'm more on the fence then I've ever been before and I'm really torn if upgrading from my 10D is a better move or buying a quality zoom lens. Any help would be great, Thanks.

Acrobat

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow