In Memory of a Pet: Lucy (photo)

Started Dec 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
sean000
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,789Gear list
Like?
Re: I can explain this thread
In reply to Marty4650, Jan 13, 2010

Nice explanation for the non-dog people out there. I grew up with cats and dogs, but did not have any pets for much of my early to mid 20s. When I started dating a girl with a dog (who is now my wife) it reminded me of how wonderful it can be to have a dog in your life. They remind us to live in the moment, and they encourage healthy routines like regular walks. One of my favorite activities after a long day at work is to come home and go for a long walk along the bay with my wife and our dogs.

I like cats too (even bonded closely with a couple of them), but cats get more attached to their home while dogs get more attached to their people. Not that cats and people can't share strong bonds... they often do, but most cats like to stick to their house, yard, and neighborhood. Dogs want to go anywhere their people go. We love to take our dogs on weekend trips, hikes, walks, etc. We would take them pretty much everywhere if we could. Owning a dog is a lot of responsibility and it requires a level of commitment that doesn't fit into everyone's lifestyle; but once you develop a special bond with a dog it can be difficult to imagine life without them.

sean000's gear list:sean000's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow