ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hank Wolfe
Regular MemberPosts: 449
Like?
F70EXR a few questions on modes etc.
Jan 13, 2010

Hi all,

Just got one of these a couple of weeks ago and like it very much so far, but I'm finding the modes a little confusing and haven't had time for much trial and error. I've been getting nice results with keeping it set on M and and auto ISO maxed at 1600 in P mode, but have some questions about a few features / modes (assuming I'll keep file size set to M all the time).

1. Sports mode - Many of my photos are snaps of my young, hyper children and I like to keep shutter speed relatively fast. Does this do anything other than attempt to keep shutter speed as fast as practical? Is there any downside?

2. High ISO Low noise mode - Does this do anything other than boost ISO? I don't get it.

3. Face detection mode - Is there any way to use this without also having the (hated, by me anyway) redeye reduction flash mode activated?

Also, just out of curiosity, what's the effect of shooting in HR-Priority Mode when the image size is set to "M"? Any different from DR-Priority?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow