Started Jan 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gtexan
Regular MemberPosts: 375
Like?
Sony 28mm F/2.8 Lens - Best way to sell it? Need advice
Jan 12, 2010

About 6-8 months ago I purchased a Sony 28mm F/2.8 prime lens. I was excited about having my first prime lens, but didn't really use it. Unfortunately, before it arrived, I ran into some trouble with dust on my sensor. I had been using 2 lenses before this: The kit lens, and a 100mm-300mm telephoto my wife had from her Minolta film camera. Apparently, the switching had allowed a lot of dust to build up, and my solution was to simply stop switching lenses. I basically started using the kit lens exclusively.

Anyway, fast forward a few months, and I finally decided to be brave and use the 28mm lens. The pictures were excellent, sharp, and I liked the colors. Unfortunately, I found I did not care for the focal length. I dont do nearly as much "urban" photography as I was planning early on, and the fixed 28mm is an awkward length for me.

Now the lens retails for $270. Amazon has a used version of this lens for $238, which they rate in very good condition.

So my question: I tried selling the lens on craigslist for $200, but did not receive much interest. One guy agreed to buy it, then flaked on me after reading what he described as "a negative review"

Id like to put it on ebay, but I dont know hwo much to ask for it. Since there isn't a lot of evidence of similar lenses selling, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to sell used lenses or how much I should ask or alternatives to ebay (stores) that take used gear.

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow