Started Jan 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mark Ehlers
Senior MemberPosts: 1,883Gear list
Like?
M3, 90/4 Elmar-M, and $1.50 film
Jan 11, 2010

For all you film users, Walgreen's now has a special on their house brand 200 ASA film. It's a 4-pack of 24-exp. for $5.99, which comes to less than $1.50 a roll. The last time I heard, this film is made by Fuji. I was also trying my 1958 coated 50mm/4 Elmar-M out on the M3 today. I haven't used this lens much, so trying it with this new (for me) film isn't really giving each a other a fair test.

I've been suffering from a bad cold, in addition to cabin fever, but I just had to get outside a bit. So I just drove around a local park and took a few shots with the car window down, staying inside the car all comfy with the heater going. Anyway, I ended up buying five 4-packs of this film. My guys at Walgreens processes it for about $2/roll. Then I scan and print only the ones I really want.

All taken at f/4.

This sign needs updating - the pavillion is still there, but it hasn't been used for boats in nearly 20 years.

This guy was skijoring. I think he was wearing the same cobalt blue goatskin that my M3 wears.

This one was taken directly into the sun, which you can see in the upper right-hand corner, although the sky was overcast.

-- hide signature --

• Mark Ehlers (formerly 'markE')

http://www.pbase.com/marke

'Good street/wildlife photography is a controlled accident,
a vision of preparation and surrender materialized.'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DaveNew
MarkNew
EceNew
BartNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow