Started Jan 9, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nick Dawes
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Just got my 1D mark IV
Jan 9, 2010

got the call tonight - My 1D Mk iv is in and I can pick it up... Too bad I got the call at 15 mins before they close and they're 25 mins away.. oh well.. I will be there first thing in the morning.

For the record - I switched from Nikon to Canon in October. I sold my D3 and D3x and bought a 5D MKII and 1D mk iv. Sat night I have one of my typical low light events to shoot and I will get my first impression of the comparison of the 1D to the D3... Let's see how it goes!!! I will post my views late Sat or early Sun...

I am so glad it is here! The 5D ii is great, but it is at least a stop or two away from the D3 and way slower. Having said that, I love it for its intended purpose - Studio, landscape etc.. I even prefer it to the D3X!!

You know Canon or Nikon - you are one or the other and I would not try to tell anyone that their choice is bad. So far I am happy with my switch... Let's see how the 1D performs tomorrow and I will finally know if it was truly the right decision or not - for me.

Nick

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow