Started Jan 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rundadar
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,053
Like?
Challenge #93 - comments and results.
Jan 8, 2010

The results are in. A few words from your humble judge.

Recently, I was judging a similar type of a challenge on another forum. When it was time to publish the results, I have explained that I did not feel qualified and, more importantly, entitled to publicly comment on other photographers' art. After all, art is subjective and I usually assume that if a particular scene is photographed/PP'd/presented in a certain way - then this is how the particular photographer saw it. It's subjective and my opinion (whether positive, neutral or negative) is just one person's opinion... So, then and there, I've just published the winners and runners-up without commenting on the entries. It turned out (or at least I felt this way) that people were somewhat disappointed to not hear my opinion (my good friend and a superb photographer John Leech, a.k.a jkjond here even playfully called my refusal to comment a 'cop-out').

So... this time, I am going to give my detailed comments on all entries (in the order they were submitted). If you feel that my comments are valuable - I am glad, however if you feel that you disagree with me and/or I have a strange taste and/or I don't know what I am talking about - I am glad too - this means you know what YOU like and your taste differs from mine. Diversity is a wonderful thing

Comments will follow in a follow up post to this one.

Best regards,

Your humble judge.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow