Started Jan 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jdoo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,962
Like?
Strap for S90
Jan 8, 2010

My S90 arrived last evening. I picked it up from Adorama, in a bundle that included the Lowepro D-Pods 40 camera bag. While my battery was charging, I put the strap on, messed around with the camera bag.. mostly just letting the S90's strap hang out the side.

Oh the horror.. Again, while the battery was charging, I was looking at the manual, fiddling with the camera bag, and getting the mem card ready (formatted). I noticed that the camera strap (the brand new one, that I had just taken out of the box) - had become WAY frayed. Apparently, letting the strap hang outside the D-Pod 40 allowed it to get caught on the velcro when I had been putting it in, and pulling it out (testing whether I was going to even use this bag... as it is larger than expected). Anyway -- the camera strap is ruined.

Suggestions on a better strap? I see threads for Gordy's... The double attach point string looks promising.

Anyway -- fair warning to anyone who orders the Adorama kit, which includes the Lowepro D-Pods 40 -- or anyone using the D-Pods 40. If you're not careful, the design will snag and ruin the supplied S90 strap..

cheers
--
Joe

Old Acct: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/postersprofile.asp?poster=hjigihivhdif

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow