A few Olympus EP-2 shots of a historical area...

Started Jan 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,085Gear list
Like?
A few Olympus EP-2 shots of a historical area...
Jan 8, 2010

Hey Gang:

I forced myself to get out today. Been experiencing some severe lower back problems which have plagued me now for two months and I had a doctor's appointment today. So I was determined to get out (finally) and just shoot something. I left early for the appointment and stopped at the Historic Yates Mill Park area in Raleigh, NC on the way. This is a frequently photographed area, mainly due to the historic Grist Mill that's been rebuilt - with various scenes of it shown in many a magazine.

So I stopped by (damnnnn....it was cold outside - 27 degrees F), hobbled out of the car with the EP-2, limped down to the site and grabbed a series of shots.

These are just some various angled shots of the same building - all in RAW, AWB, ISO 100, using the kit 14-42 lens. Loved the EVF - it's that clear...almost like looking through an optical viewfinder. Images converted with Lightroom 2.6, frames added via IDFramer, and resaved for web using Irfanview at a 90% quality setting. IF you think these look OK, you should see the originals....wow.

I love color tonality of this camera - although I plan on putting on the 4/3 adapter and 14-54 II next time around. I just don't like the kit lens - not because of any IQ deficiencies, but rather the hassles involved with having to extend the lens prior to shooting (which I tend to forget). Just a personal thing. As soon as I can get my mittens on the Panny 20 MM f1.7, I'm sure that will go on next.

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 Canon PowerShot G12 +25 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow