Started Jan 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brault
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Nikon 10-24 Decision
Jan 7, 2010

I've read countless opinions and reviewed endless comparisons of images from this lens against other UWA's, and am still undecided whether to jump in. I live in a remote area with no access to trying it - when in a city over Christmas all stores I tried were sold out! So I've only tried the Sigma 10-20 (unimpressive resolution) and the Tokina 10-16 (very crisp, but awful CA and to-small range). My continued doubts about the Nikon 10-24 regard the "smeary" corners at wider focal lengths on most, but not all, images I've seen. On some the poor resolution covers as much as 15-20% of the image!!

Can any of you provide some insight? Are the corners only smeary on some samples of this lens - i.e. is it possible to get a good one? I'm particularly interested in its IQ at the 10-14mm range, I have a 16-85mm which works fine for longer FL's (within its own limitations).

Any and all opinions are very welcome, and pointing to images will help. I'm travelling to Europe in February, so time is getting tight for deciding whether to order one or wait for someone to release a fixed focal length 11mm f/1.8...

-- hide signature --

Brault...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow