Higher end get firmware updates. What about D90, etc.?

Started Jan 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Amnon G
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Re: Agreed.
In reply to rlyons, Jan 6, 2010

I agree with the customer satisfaction model. It is already known that the same software works on multiple cameras (remember the original Canon Digital Rebel and the hacked firwmware to add the features from the Canon 10D?).

I would like to see software changes from newer cameras find their way to my D90. I would not buy a D3000 or D5000 to replace my D90. I will also skip the D90 sequel, as the D90 is a camera that fits my needs very well and will hopefully last at least 5 years. The rate of new camera bodies is something not chased by most DSLR owners, because it's the photographer that does most of the work of getting a good photograph, the camera is just a tool, that at the D90 level is probably much better than the amateur photographer (namely me) operating it.
Because of that I would expect to see improvements.

The D90 is definitely a fine machine. But its hardware capabilities are to some extent untapped. Whether it is better for Nikon to have firmware updates or not - in my case it would be better as I would indeed think more highly of them if they added some improvements and enhancements, and be more keen to stay updated with the current development including new hardware they may have.

BTW, anyone from Nikon reading this?

Amnon G's gear list:Amnon G's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow