Started Jan 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jd02Dan
Regular MemberPosts: 349
Like?
The Beauty of Winter--5D2 in Harsh Elements
Jan 3, 2010

For the past few years in December/January I have done a hiking and camping trip at various scenic locations in Washington. I used a 5DMKII this year and it performed very well. Even on Mt. Rainier when it was 15 degrees F with wind gusts of 50 mph, it performed very reliably. The same cannot be said for my Gitzo tripod, which apparently had some kind of defect. While securing it in the snow one of the legs just snapped off. A minute later while securing the remaining two legs in the snow another leg snapped off. The Mt. Rainier photo you see here was taken on a one-legged Gitzo tripod. I buried the remaining leg in the snow and used mirror lockup and a cable release to get the job done. I still like the Gitzo model so I am going to put in a warranty claim and hopefully I will not have any issues with the next one. Thanks for looking. More photos from the trip at http://www.EwertNaturePhotography.com

These are all single exposures except the last one, which is a manual blend of 2 images to control for DR. A gnd filter was used on the others except for #2, which was shot without any filters.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow