filters filters filters... advice please!

Started Dec 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teewee
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
filters filters filters... advice please!
Dec 30, 2009

hello all,

I've been trying to decide which filters to purchase as I currently own none. I currently have the 24-70 which, I may sell for 17-40 and 24L (as 2.8 really just doesn't cut it..but that's another issue). So I'll be looking for 77mm thread filters and started looking into the cokin holders? for the square type of filters. If you guys have an opinions and could suggest a few filters I should get as a "starter" type kit, that I can later build on (because it seems like there's tons of filters out there, with different stops, etc) that'd be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for those 1 or 2 ESSENTIAL filters. I have no clue where to start either, like is the 0.6 a good start? graduated hard vs soft-which one is more useful?

(and i do understand that each filter has its specific uses, but which ones would you suggest to get most use out of, is really my question, kind of like how you would recc, 24-70 or 24-105 as a walk around lens, or 17-55 for crop..etc)

thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow