K10D firmware 1.3 & debug mode

Started Dec 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,161
K10D firmware 1.3 & debug mode
Dec 29, 2009

Hi folks, wonder if someone who has done this could help me out here...

I see there is a bit of russian software to enable the debug mode via usb cable for firmware 1.3

Q1) can you leave it in debug mode so that you can make focus adjustments in the field i.e. if different lenses require different um adjustment. This thread link : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=27876049 thinks yes, could someone confirm it for me please

IIRC there was a hack (with hex editor ??) which could be done to 1.3 to fool it into thinking it was 1.1 so debug mode could be accessed. ?

Unfortunately I have no links stored on my PC for this, please could someone be kind enough to point me at the right thread ?

Q2) In the thread below there is debate about the filename which doesn't seem to be resolved, I think the offered download is 1.1 with debug mode enabled, but hacked to fool into thinking it's 1.3 ? - sorry I'm easily confused !

Q3) is there any way to have debug mode enabled in the field with firmware 1.3, my understanding is no

-- hide signature --

Pentax SLR talk FAQ (courtesy Cideway et al)

When the search feature isn't working here, go to Google, and type the following:
site:forums.dpreview.com your search string
OR for pentax SLR site:dpreview.com forum=1036 your search string

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow