pentax snub while on vacation in mexico

Started Dec 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ardpreview Regular Member • Posts: 348
pentax snub while on vacation in mexico

dont mean to rant or anything but thought i'd post this to see how many others have experienced this.

I was in a mexican resort a number of weeks ago (best vacation ever!) and attended a buffet on the beach. I had my k10 discretely tucked away in a lowepro swing backback and was enjoying the festivities. A group of people sat at our table and we introduced one another and i noticed one the louder gentleman was carrying an entry level nikon dslr (d50 or higher) and promptly placed it on the table in plain view. I wanted to start talking photography with him but for some reason i didn't, maybe it was his loud mannerisms or something. At the end of the buffet my wife and i decided to leave where apon the guy saw me pull out my slr and a look of amazment came over his face like he found a brother in arms or something. He then saw the pentax name and his face turned sour and he said something like, "Pentax? Phshhh!" I simply smiled and walked away. How many other people here have had this happen to them?
--
var

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow