Flawless, fast 7D Christmas performance

Started Dec 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
John Triebe
Contributing MemberPosts: 573Gear list
Like?
Re: Flawless, fast 7D Christmas performance
In reply to Mark D, Dec 29, 2009

I'm unsure I would cull anything in the camera. Trying to evaluate an image on a 3 inch screen is very difficult. I have seen images which even on a large screen might have been termed as throw-aways, but there was one small thing in the image which when processed properly in PS produced a great image. For example I have a friend who took a grab shot at a rodeo of a cowboy that had a great, iconic face. Unfortunately the image was grossly overexposed. Because he shot in RAW, he was able to correct for the overexposure and with some additional PS processing produced a phenomenal image.

The other strike against culling in the camera, is that while you are doing that, you're not shooting images, and you may be missing something. With CF cards as cheap as they are, you're far better off to just carry more cards and do your culling at home on your computer monitor. That's just my two cents on this subject.

John Triebe's gear list:John Triebe's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 70D Sony Alpha 7R +37 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow