Started Dec 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skutters
Regular MemberPosts: 399Gear list
Like?
Will D700 improve my sport's shot's?.
Dec 28, 2009

Hi All, I am a keen amateur/club shooter i enter my club & National club competitions and my favourite subject is Sport. I love shooting all types of sport but my favourite over the last year or so has become Three day eventing especially the Cross country section.

I am using a D300 with 70-2002.8vr & Sigma 120-3002.8 the big problem i am having is getting the background out of focus enough so it does not intrude, judges will not tolerate shot's that have Anything that takes the eye in the background. I have been shooting at around F4/F4.5 but the backgrounds are still two obvious i can't really go much lower than this without running the risk of not getting all of the horse and rider in focus

In fact i have tried shooting at F3.5 and i still get quite a lot of background that is offputting. I have included a few examples of what i mean. Sorry for the long winded way i have put the question which is, would the full frame D700 give me a better chance of throwing the background right out of focus?.

BTW i have put plain backgrounds in using layer mask's but it is very difficult when the horses main is involved that's why it would be so much better to get it right in camera.

Regard's Kev.

skutters's gear list:skutters's gear list
Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Nikon D300 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow